Install Office 365 or Office Home & Student 2019
So many years have passed, but no software could replace MS Office. This happened because of several reasons and one of them is that Office is developed by Microsoft which is a trustworthy and reliable brand. Other than Office, Microsoft has excelled in other fields as well by developing different kinds of applications and its very own Windows operating system. In case you have already purchased a version of Office, then you may directly jump to the last few sections of this page and learn the possible ways to deploy it on a compatible device. In case you are planning to buy it, then you may continue reading the following sections to know which could be the best Office version for you.
Choose from Office 365 or Office Home & Student 2019
Since there are several versions of Office to choose from, customers might find it difficult to choose the best one from them. Although there are older versions of the Office productivity suite available in the market, here we are specifically going to learn about Office 365 or Office Home & Student 2019. This is because these two are the most recent versions of Office and it is always suggested to use the latest version of any software. This not only makes your experience smoother but also lets you stay at the top of the productivity level.
It is quite easy to choose between these two versions as Office 365 which is now Microsoft 365 is more specifically developed for organizational purposes. While the other version has only classic applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint for accomplishing basic tasks. Therefore, if you have to engage yourself in meetings, collaborate with others, work together on a task, then Office 365 is the best option for you. On the other hand, if you need to just work on documents, create presentations, or work on a spreadsheet, then the Home & student version is perfect for you.
Sign up/ sign in to your Office account
Once you purchase an Office product of your choice, after that you need to create an Office account. In case you already have an Outlook, Microsoft, or Skype account, then you can use that account as well.
To create an account:
- First of all, you need to visit the office.com/setup website.
- Here, click on the ‘Sign in’ option.
- This will open the Microsoft login page.
- Here, click on ‘No account? Create one’ option.
- Further, enter the details in the sign-up page correctly.
- Choose a username and set a password.
- Now, you are done and ready to log in.
Office account login:
- Again, visit the www.office.com/setup page.
- Click on the blue ‘Sign In’ button.
- Now, enter the username or email address in the given space.
- After this, click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Further, enter the correct password and click ‘Next’.
- Now, you have logged in successfully and ready to set up Office.
Office setup on a Windows PC
- From a preferred web browser, go to www.office.com or office.com/setup.
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Sign In’ option.
- Enter the right login credentials to open the Office home page.
- Further, click on the ‘Install Office’ option.
- Next, select Install/ Install Office.
- On the next page, select ‘Install Office apps’.
- Next, select ‘Office 365 apps’ to launch the downloading process.
- Once the Office setup file gets downloaded, it’s time to install it.
- In Edge or Internet Explorer- Select ‘Run’.
- In Chrome- select ‘Setup’.
- In Firefox- Select ‘Save File’.
- Select ‘Yes’ on the User Account Control prompt.
- This will begin the Office installation and you have to wait for it happens.
- Once it is done, you’ll see a phrase telling that Office is installed
- Select ‘Close’ when you are done.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button from your device.
- Now, in the search bar, type ‘Word’ to open it.
- From the search results, click on the Word app icon.
- As soon as it opens, accept the license agreement.
Office setup on a Mac device
- Firstly, go to the home page of Office i.e. office.com/setup.
- Here, click on the ‘Sign In’ button and complete the login process.
- Make sure to enter the same credentials with which you redeemed the product key.
- After logging in, select the ‘Install Office’ option.
- In the next step, select ‘Office 365 apps’.
- This will begin the downloading process.
- Follow some on-screen prompts and begin the installation.
- Now, open the Finder of your Mac device.
- Next, go to the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- After this, double-tap on Microsoft Office installer.pkg file.
- On the next page, select ‘Continue’ to initiate the installation.
- On the license agreement page, select ‘Continue’.
- Click ‘Agree’ on the software terms page.
- Click ‘Install’ after choosing the location.
- Now, enter the Mac admin login details.
- Click ‘Close’ to complete the installation.
- Finally, activate your Office setup.
- From the Dock, you need to click on the ‘Launchpad’.
- Click on the icon of Microsoft Word.
- Click ‘Get Started’ on the ‘What’s New’ window.
- Now, you are all set to use your Office product.
During the process, you will be prompted to enter the product key which you need to do very carefully to avoid hassle during the process.